Are you ready to create a website/blog for your own? If your answer is YES, but don’t know were to start. Here you are, We will guide you through all the steps you need to know to a Website in about 5 minutes from getting a domain to setting the Website up. Well if the answer is NO….Feel free to check the blog and read our other tips and tricks to make a blog/website awesome.
We will be going to set a WordPress Website. WordPress is the most widely used Content Management System that is available right now. More than half of the website that are active now is said to be running on WordPress platform. If you are wondering WHY WordPress? Here are some of the points that might justify it:
- Huge number of Themes and Plugins
- Large pool of fellow riders, means great support from their community
- Easy to set up and use
- Supports small website to pretty complex ones
So What are the things that we need to know before setting up the Website:
- We need a Domain Name (www.example.com).
- And We need a Web Server to host our Website.
Table of Contents:
1. Domain and Hosting:
We only recommend the Good to our Readers and we are doing the same here. For a Hassle Free and Tension Free experience we recommend signing up for a Blazing fast and secure hosting by BlueHost. But Why Bluehost? Read our Review For Best Web Host of 2017
- Premium customer service, usability and reliability.
- Easy-to-use Control Panel Interface.
- Custom-built servers for reliable and stable performance.
- One Click Website installations powered by MOJO Marketplace.
- Round the clock expert technical support.
- Unlimited websites, email accounts, and domains, at an affordable price.
- No gimmicks, no contracts. 30-day money back guarantee and cancel any time policy.
- Free SSL Certificates for websites.
Now that we have selected a Web Hosting provider for our website, Lets get started on purchasing a Domain Name and a Web Space to host the web space. Head over to the server home page and choose the Package:
Get 50% OFF Especially for TECHTIPSHACKS Users, Follow the Link Below:
For Indian Customers(ONLY):
Choosing a Plan:
**plans prices may vary.
Choose a plan that is going to suit you well. For a starters, the basic plan will be more than enough. As you can see, only one website can be hosted on the Basic plan. SO if you need to host more than a website consider the Plus plan.
After you have selected the plan, Choose the Domain name (Free Domain is Offered):
Enter your desired domain name and continue to sign up.
You will be lucky to get an additional 16% off on top of the Exclusive 50% off. Below is a screenshot of package information screen of BlueHost. We have selected the 36 months plan so the price as you can see. There are some additional features that will be checked like Domain Privacy, Site Backup etc…make sure to check only the ones that are needed and continue to payment.
Payment can be made by either:
- Credit Card
After the payment is completed, you will receive all the details via E-mail. Click on the link in the e-mail to log into the control panel. It is the place where we take control of all the options that are available for us.
2. Setting up the Website:
Now that we have successfully completed the Step 1 that is buying a Domain name and Web Hosting, we can move on to starting with setting up the Website. As we have discussed earlier, we will be using WordPress as a platform for our website. So first thing will be installing WordPress onto our new Web Server. This might seem very complex, but the step is actually very easy.
Installing WordPress is the traditional way is a bit complex for beginners, However BlueHost made a dedicated Installer for installing all kinds of Platforms to the Host.
- Login to the Control Panel using the information provided in the E-Mail.
- There is a “Install WordPress” Button under the websites tab.
- You will be taken to MOJO MarketPlace from where we can Install all kinds of Web CMS Softwares.
- Go to “One Click Installs” Tab.
- Click on WordPress and Start.
- Choose the Domain to which the Website is to be set up. Here its our New Domain.
- You will be asked to fill out required Details Like Site Name, Admin username and Password etc.
- Proceed to Install.
- Done! We have successfully installed WordPress on the Web Host.
1. Installing WordPress from MOJO
2. Select the Domain to Intsall WordPress on.
3. Enter the Necessary Details
We have successfully Started a Website. How much time does it take? Roughly 5 minutes. Yes this is the easiest method to start a website in 2017. You can now make changes and create posts and pages from the WordPress dashboard. You can access the WordPress Dashboard at www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/
Remember:If you signup through this tutorial you will be getting a special Discount for Web Hosting Plans and also a FREE Domain for a year! Yes you heard it right….all of these exclusively for our Fellow Readers and Followers.