Want to enable Chat Heads for WhatsApp? Lets see how……..WhatsApp is the most popular and widely used Messaging App. It has revolutionized the way people keep in contact. WhatsApp was later bought by Facebook in 2014. Facebook Messenger is another popular Instant Messaging App.
What makes WhatsApp very desirable over the others Instant messaging App is its simplicity and ease of use. WhatsApp is designed to be very Simple to use. The design language is ver minimal but with great functionalities. While on the other hand Facebook’s messenger app is very heavy. Its designed well but is a very resource hoggy app which is one of the disadvantage of Facebook Messenger.
Facebok messenger do have a great and cool feature-The Chat Heads. Chat heads are little popups that stick to the side of the screen with the persons contact photo and when we click on the Chat heads we go directly into the conversations. The chat heads were cool feature is adds easiness to access chats while we go through other apps.
WhatsApp doesn’t add such fancy features because it doesn’t want to spoil the “simplicity” of the App. These kind of features will add to the resource usage of the App. But we can add this feature using 3rd-party apps that are available in Google Play.
Before beginning make sure you are using the Official WhatsApp and not any Modded or Unofficial versions of WhatsApp. Don’t worry about any loss of data or sensitive data, the Apps are safe to use.
There are some advantages of using this Apps besides the Cool Looking Popup heads like:
- Hide Online status and Last Seen.
- Read Messages without Read status.
- No Root needed!
- Directly reply by clicking the Chat Heads.
How to Enable Chat heads for WhatsApp:
- Download quickReply from Google Play.
- Open and Activate the App.
- Give permissions and Notifications Access to the App.
With quickReply you can easily write quick replies directly from the system notifications without opening the messaging app like in Android 7 Nougat
Use floating chatHeads bubbles like in facebook for whatsapp, telegram and others!
Mark messages as read directly from the notification or from chat-heads bubbles!
• Handsfree voice replies! Voice to text!
• QuickReply: Send quick replies
• DirectReply: Send your own predefined messages as direct replies
• Heads-up notification quick replies
• Mark as read for WhatsApp and others!
• Separate notifications for every contact
• Chat heads notification to write messages at any time
• Floating chat-head bubbles to reply when you like to
The App is rated 4+ on Google Play. Below are some user reviews:
- Most efficient reply system app. Comes with functionality to almost all messaging platforms! The ability to scroll up somewhat in a conversation thread will make it perfect. I enjoy the way Pulse allows you to see more than one message in their reply system. It just doesn’t offer as many features as QuickReply.
- It is good because you can respond a msg without disturbing other applications that you are opening
- Good really good I like it. It makes my messages easier to read and more accessible too.
After properly setting up the App we can see Chat heads popping up when you get a WhatsApp message. We can directly reply to messages as well. Make sure you give Notification Access for the app to work.
There are few other apps that does the same…..You could try these out too:
- Download Flychat (Rated 4 on Google Play)
Flychat offers a revolutionary way to read messages of your favourite messengers. It overlays every other app and you can reply from anywhere you want.
Sometimes you did not want to quit your current app but also need to read some important messages or reply to them. Thats the point where Flychat will help you.
By receiving a message Flychat will notify you with a small bubble. By clicking this a full chat window will appear.
You can read the messages but also reply to them without quiting the current application. Currently Flychat supports main Messengers like WhatsApp, Telegram and Hangouts.
It is beautiful material designed to get best messaging experiences.
- Download Dashdow (Rated 3.9 on Google Play)
With Dashdow What App you get an application that shows you unread What App messages in a small ball on the screen. Also on the lockscreen you can now directly see who has written to you and especially what.
– Shows messages from contacts in balls
– Click on ball opens a dialog with message content
– Click on dialog opens the What App conversation
– Dialog opens automatically on new messages
– Remove balls with the trash
– Lockscreen visible
This method doesn’t need Root access to work so go ahead and try it out.
To remove the Chat Heads just uninstall the app and you are done. No tweaking or changing of settings.