Are you visitors leaving the Website very fast? Having a very high Bounce Rate? Then it is a good idea to add a Related Posts Section below your posts in order to make the readers more engaging. Seeing related content can make the visitors stay longer as they might go through similar contents on the Website.
WordPress which is the most used Content Management System that is widely popular among the bloggers supports adding Related Posts section to Blog Posts. The Themes we use might have a related posts section by default, but sometimes they doesn’t integrate properly or show irrelevant posts.
We can add Custom Related Posts Section to our Blog posts using plugins that are available in the WordPress Repository. There are many plugins that are available for us for FREE. Today we are going to see how to Install and setup such a Related Posts Plugin for any WordPress Website.
Related Contents can also show that the Blog has plenty of contents which makes the users trust the Website. The visitors are king when it comes to any website. So we should take measures to make them comfortable in order to reduce the bounce rate.
Add Related Posts to Blog Posts
Lets get started!Follow the steps below to add a cool and relevant Related Posts to the bottom of every Blog Posts.
- Download/Install the Yet another Related Posts Plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
- Navigate to Settings > YARPP to access the plugins settings.
- Play around with the options available until you get desirable look and functionality.
Yet Another Related Posts Plugin (YARPP) displays pages, posts, and custom post types related to the current entry, introducing your readers to other relevant content on your site.
- The First option is for disallowing any particular Category or Tag from the Related Section.
- Then we have an option for Showing Password protected Posts.
- The option to show posts of particular period.
- The “Relatedness” option deals with how the Related Content is found out for the Posts.
- The Display Option is the option that changes how we see the Related Posts in the Blog Posts.
- We can choose the number of Posts to show and how we want to show it- a list or as thumbnail or we can even custom design a view.
- Thumbnail or list view of related content.
- Related posts, pages, and custom post types.
- Templating: The YARPP templating system gives you advanced control of how your results are displayed.
- An advanced and versatile algorithm: Using a customizable algorithm considering post titles, content, tags, categories, and custom taxonomies, YARPP finds related content from across your site. Learn More.
- Related posts in feeds: Display related posts in RSS feeds with custom display options.
!!Requirements!! This plugin requires PHP 5, MySQL 4.1, and WordPress 3.3 or greater.
The plugin is rated a 4 out of 5 and has more than 300,000+ active installs. The plugins is compatible with almost all themes out there, But in case you are facing any issue with the website after installing the plugin. Deactivate the plugin and remove it. Some themes have compatibility issue with this plugin. Yet Another Related Posts Plugin is the most widely used and the Best plugin for adding Similar Posts under Blog Posts.
Some Other Plugins to Check
There are many other plugins too but i personally use it and highly recommend it to all. But still if you want to have a TOP WordPress Related Posts Plugins Compilation, Here you go:
Related Posts for WordPress
Display related posts without slowing down your website! Link all your existing content with only 1 click, get related posts for all your posts today!
The plugin has a user rating of 4.6 out of 5 and an active install of 8000+.
Contextual Related Posts
Contextual Related Posts is a powerful plugin for WordPress that allows you to display a list of related posts on your website and in your feed.
The list is based on the content of the title and/or content of the posts which makes them more relevant and more likely to be of interest to your readers. This allows you to retain visitors, reduce bounce rates and refresh old entries.
The plugin is rated 4.8 out of 5 and has over 60,000 active installs.
Inline Related Posts
Inline Related Posts AUTOMATICALLY inserts related posts INSIDE your content, capturing immediately the reader’s attention. This plugin is really good when we need to show related posts within the content itself. This type of related posting can be very successful in bringing audience attention.
The plugin is having around 10,000 active installs and is rated 4.6 out of 5 by the users.
Hope you like the compilations…If you have any suggestions or doubts, do comment below!